Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Strange



I just discovered a weapon in the department office. Not a knife or even a gun.

It's like a big medieval axe.


This place is weird. I guess it's probably for their little Tolkien role playing games.




It's my last day here tomorrow. Which is a bit exciting. Except that a temp is coming in and I will have to show her how to do everything whilst also trying to tie up all my loose ends here.

Apparently they are having a morning tea for me. No-one has told me this, except one lecturer who let it out by apologising that he wouldn't be able to make it.

I hate fairwell functions. Hate. Hate. Hate.

They had better not make me talk. They had better not get me anything. I've only been here a couple of months and I'm a temp!

Everyone is coming out of the woodwork to tell me how great I've been here and efficient and stuff. I always assume that I don't really make an impression on people, probably because I usually try not to - especially in a workplace.

I hope no-one tries to hug me. I'm getting nervous just thinking about it. I realised the other day that I used to hug people a lot and was comfortable with it. Now the idea frightens me. Maybe it's because I'm in a relationship? I guess myself and others now figure me to be the sole hugging property of Charlie.

3 comments:

Face said...

I would still hug you if I ever saw you, Charlie property or not!
Spew on my shoulder or not!
or not!
(I would you know)

Alida said...

Awww... yay

You know what's dumb? I've been thinking for months that I'd like to come visit you sometime and I haven't gotten off my fat ass to do it.

That's like saying "I was going to get you a present, but I didn't", isn't it?

Um sorry

Face said...

I am also guilty of this, it takes two to not tango.
Although I might be more inclined now that you will be devastated by the loss of your most favoured flatmate.
Nice picture by the way!